Tuesday, November 29, 2016


Me, about to get drenched in the rain. :)

Hello po!  

Thank you for your wonderful email!  I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you had a good week.  It looks like you had a lot of fun and did lots of amazing stuff.  You all look so handsome and pretty in your pictures!  

I have had a good week.  I am alive and kicking!  Although this week has been kind of slow.... It was pretty rainy and cold all week and I have a nasty cold again.  But it's all good!  I am still so happy.  :)  Also....Happy Thanksgiving!  I didn't really celebrate Thanksgiving here, but I was sure to count my blessings.  I hope you all did too!  We each have SO MUCH to be thankful for.  We had kind of a slow teaching week as well.  Only about 20 lessons, but still good.  We found a few new people to teach too, which we are excited about.  Two of them even came to church on Sunday, which was great!  Their names are Jeremiah and Maria.  The only problem is, they are kids.  They're both 15 years old, the children of a less active member.  Before anything can happen, their mom has to come back to church again.  We are hopeful and are working hard that she will come with them to church to that someday, they can be baptized.  We're still searching for the "golden" ones.  I'll let you know when we find some!  Hopefully that's soon.

My hair has also started to become a problem.  I don't know if I told you this, but I have LICE.  Yuck!  My companion was playing with my hair and noticed it.  I bought some shampoo that gets rid of lice, so hopefully it goes away.  I think I got it from one of the little kids in our area.  They're always playing with and brushing my hair.  Also, I have been having an unusual amount of hair fall....all of my hair is falling out!  I don't know why.  Will you still love me if I'm bald?

Next week is already transfer week....this cycle has gone by so fast!  I don't know if there will be any transfers, but it's possible that I may transfer.  We'll see!  December is so close, and there's only 27 days until Christmas!  I'm so excited.  Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year.  It's also the most wonderful time to serve as a missionary.  Everyone is nicer and more receptive to the gospel.  I love Christmas!  I especially love the church's Christmas campaign this year..... #LIGHTtheWORLD.  If you haven't seen the video, check it out.  Here's the link:


We each were born with a light inside of us.  Each of us has talents and abilities that we can use to make the world a better place.  This Christmas season, we are all invited to do one act of service for 25 days, counting down the days until Christmas.  Jesus Christ is the light of the world.  In honor of Him and His birth, we each can serve Him and share the LIGHT that we have.  We missionaries will be kicking off December with a day of service (CSP's) in our areas.  I hope each of you can find a way every day to share your LIGHT.

I love you all so much!  I miss you all so much.  I hope you have a wonderful week. 

xo Sister Allen

It was my companions, Sister Urdaneta, birthday!  
We decorated her desk.  She is 22!

I made mango graham cake for her birthday.
It was delicious!  I'm so proud of myself haha.
(Taylor Swift sings "I'm feeling 22, everything will be all right 
if we just keep dancing like were twenty-twwwooooo").


It was raining so hard this morning!  Also, lots of fog.
There's a typhoon in the Southern Philippines. 



1 comment: