Monday, January 23, 2017



Hello po!  

Before I say anything else, I want you to know that I am fine and that I am safe.  

I got into an accident last night.  Sister Delinila and I were walking to our dinner appointment and a guy on a tricycle tried to steal my bag.  He grabbed the strap of my back while he drove past us. My bag was slung cross-wise across my body, so when he grabbed the bag, I came with it.  While he drove, I was dragged on the ground at the side of the tricycle.  I was struggling and screaming and trying to just give him the bag, but his grip was so tight I couldn't get free.  Sister Delinila was running behind the tricycle, screaming and trying to get him to stop.  After a few blocks, he let go of the bag and drove off, so he didn't even get the bag.  I got some scrapes and bruises and some gouges on my hands, but other than that I am doing fine.  I should have been hurt so much worse.  I know that Heavenly Father was protecting me.  We went to the hospital with some members and the nurses cleaned up my wounds and gave me some shots (tetanus and stuff just in case).  We also reported the incident to the police, so hopefully they can catch the guy.  At the hospital, the zone leaders came and gave me a beautiful priesthood blessing.  Sister Hiatt wanted to call you and tell you, but I told her that I would just tell you.  I didn't want you to freak out or worry.  I know you would have liked to have known when it happened, but I wanted to be the one to tell you. 

I am doing fine!  I am happy and I am being tough.  I have scrapes and abrasions below the knee down the front of both of my legs, a scrape on my elbow, some gouges on my left hand, and some bruises on my legs and hip.  No head trauma and no scrapes or anything on my face. (yay!)  I'm taking ibuprofen to manage the pain, and the hospital gave me some ointment for the scrapes.  I am doing okay with my cuts and scrapes.  I cleaned them up a little more while we were at the apartment waiting for the internet to come back.  I got a lot of gunk out of the gouges on my hand.  It looks a lot better now.  I am doing good!  I'm praying that the wounds will heal up fast. 

My companion and I are doing well.  I love Sister Delinila!  She is so thoughtful and Christlike.  Last night, I was worrying about how I would wash my laundry with my gouged-out hand, but when I woke up in the morning and went downstairs, all my laundry was already hanging up, clean.  She had washed it all for me.  Sister Delinila is an amazing companion.  I am so grateful that she is with me.  We had no splits, so I had Sister Delinila to myself all week.  Yay!  She's such an amazing companion and friend.  I love her.

This week was a good week.  This week literally felt like a day....it went by so fast! Our area is doing well.  Our goal to work with members more has been a success so far.  We are getting more member present, and as a result, we are getting more referrals.  Members help so much in missionary work.  I am excited to see the long-term effects of working with members.  I think our investigators will become more progressing if the members are involved.

I am excited for this last cycle.  I know it’s going to be a great one.  No matter what happens, I am determined to finish strong.  I am happy and I am loving being a missionary. I love you all so much!  I hope you all always remember how much Heavenly Father know and loves each of you.  I know that Heavenly Father watches over me.  He loves me and He will never leave me.  I know that His angels were with me last night, and I know that I was protected.  
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.

xo Sister Allen

These are the pictures Sister Hiatt took this morning.  It doesn't look bad, but it stings a lot.  But it's okay, I'm alright. 



That's the skirt I was wearing when it happened.  It got a bunch of holes.

President and Sister Hiatt came to the police station with us today to follow up on the report that we made last night.  



I am so grateful that I was kept safe.



4 comments:

  1. Anna that sounds terrifying! Not to mention painful! I'm so happy that you are okay and in good spirits. Too bad that man didn't know that we give Book of Mormons out for free! Keep up the good work, we are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Allen,
    We are so grateful you are okay. Too bad that guy didn't realize you may be an American, but you don't have stuff in that bag he would find valuable. It's unfortunate he doesn't know you have in there the most valuable item he could ever possess. I'm so grateful he didn't harm you more than he did. We love you, Brave Anna!!!
    Janet Gundry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers!! Anna- what a tough girl. Glad you are still smiling. Hope you are all better soon. You may have struggles in your future and you will look back at this experience and know that you can make it through anything! Finish strong, love ya lots-The Lerohl's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, bless your heart!! I know Heavenly Father was watching over you and protecting you. I pray you will heal quickly and blessings will come. You are a brave and valiant servant of our Lord!! If the man reaches for your bag again on a drive by, have a BOM at the ready to put in his hand ;) Much love, The Hardys xoxo

    ReplyDelete