Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Hello po!  

This week was a good but slow week.  I felt like everything was moving in slow motion.  We got punted (which means that when we made plans for lessons most of our plans fell through and we didn't get to teach) a lot this week, which was a bummer, but it's okay.  The few lessons we had were wonderful!  We also had another investigator at church this week, a tatay named Jessie.  He had a wonderful experience and the members were so welcoming.  He's excited to go back.

This week is also transfer week.  We got the transfer list this morning and.....I am not transferred.  I am staying here in Burgos!  My companion Sis. Escalante and I will be companions for another six weeks.  I was six months in my first area, and now - after this next cycle is over - I will be six months in my second area.  (The next transfer day is in September, so I'll be here until then.)  This is Pres. Hiatt's first time making the transfer list, so I didn't really know what to expect.  I'll admit, I was a little disappointed at first.  I want to see and experience more of the PH, meet more new people, and meet new missionaries.  On Sunday, I prayed that whatever would happen with the transfers, that I would be happy and that I would have the strength to do and be whatever the Lord asks of me.  That was a really hard prayer.  I wanted to just say: "Please transfer me!"  But, I want to do what Heavenly Father asks of me, even if - no, especially if! - it's not what I want.  I know there is a purpose to why I am here in Burgos still, I just need to find out what that purpose is!  I love the people here. I love the branch. I love the members. I love the farm lands and all the humble farmers.  Now, I am excited and grateful to be staying here.  I know this is going to be a great cycle!  

To answer some of your questions:  

When we sing hymns here in the PH, we sing them in English.  I don't really know why.  At church and in lessons and everything, the songs are always in English.  When we teach lessons and sing, we usually try to sing a song related to the lesson.  For example, when we teach "God is Our Loving Heavenly Father," we sing "I am A Child of God."  We try and match it up.  We also ask sometimes if they're less active or if they're familiar with the hymns, what they would like to sing.  "The Spirit of God" is by far the most "requested" song.  Haha.

I haven't worn my pants yet.... I'm too embarrassed!  I feel like an elder when I wear them.  I only have one pair and I can wear them whenever I want (but not to church) during the rainy season.  I wore them around the house but I didn't like them.  I felt weird and also so so hot.  Wearing a skirt is much cooler.  The pants are meant for protection from mosquitoes.  They gave us mosquito repellent lotion for the rest of our body.  (I tried the lotion and I think I'm allergic to it.  I got all itchy and my skin turned red and rashy.  I just use the spray repellent I brought.)  I do get bites a lot, most of which are on my legs, so I can see how pants would help.  Maybe I'll wear them this week....I'll send a pic if I do. 

I want to write more, but I am out of time.  I love you all so much!  I think of you all the time.  When things are hard or I am feeling down, to motivate myself I just think of you and what you would want me to do.  I think of the example I want to be to Sage and Luke.  I also think of what mom and dad would expect of me and what they have taught me.  I think of how our family is a family of hard workers, and that you all would want me to give my best always, no matter what.  I love you so much!  I miss you every day.  

I love you to the moon and back and all the stars


xo Sister Allen

I don't know if you can them, but there's tons of little boys picking bayabas (guava in English). Yum!

My desk...notice my new trinkets from your beach package! :)

My cooking?!?  That's probably the first time that's happened.  

I made tacos for everybody! Yumma yumma!

Eating tacos.  They wee so excited about the tacos so there's a lot of pictures about tacos.

Tacooooooos.

Burgos 1st Branch Jersey! Whohoo!

It rained HARD for about 24 hours, so this is what we wore on our way back to our apartment to try and stay a little dry.  Thank goodness for trash bags!  We had fun wearing our trash bags.  haha.

This morning we had a 'budol fight', which is basically just a feast where you eat with your hands.  (which I don't really know how to do.)  We ate rice, egg, adobo with potatoes, and dinakdakan.  The square things are cups of coke. :)

At church on Sunday.  The short one, Jaja, leaves on her mission this week.  Lyka (next to me) is wearing a dress that I gave her!  (That Jenna gave me, hehe...regift, thank you Jenna.)  This would be a good picture but I am soaked from the rain!




No comments:

Post a Comment