Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Hello hello!  

I am transferred! I found out this morning.  When the text came with the list of people, and I saw "Sister Allen" I started kind of screaming excitedly and jumping up and down because I was happy.  Then a few seconds later I started crying.  Haha.  I guess you could say I have mixed feelings.  I love Cauayan zone and have loved being in my area.  I love each of the sweet people I have taught here and all the friends I have made.  I will miss Cauayan City.  On the other hand, I think I am ready to get to a new area.  I am excited for whatever lies ahead.  I have no idea where I will get transferred.  I will find out on Transfer Day, which is Wednesday.  I am excited and nervous, but also very excited.  Next time I talk to you, I'll be in a new area with a new companion!  Ah!

Happy Easter!  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and had a chance to think about the Savior.  I had a great Easter here in Cauayan.  Our District Conference fell on the same day as Easter this year.  It was great to have our District, which is like the small version of a stake, all together.  We heard from our District Presidency, a few District leaders, and President and Sister Rahlf.  It was a great meeting.  After the meeting, the missionaries in the Cauayan Zone - that's us! - had planned an Easter Musical Fireside.  We shared the story of the Savior through song.  We went through His birth, life, death, and resurrection.  We read scriptures and then sang songs all about the Savior.  We didn't have much time to practice, so I was a bit worried of how it would turn out.  To my pleasant surprise, it was a beautiful fireside.  I felt the Spirit so strong.  I sang with all the sisters one song, a few songs as a zone, and a duet with me and Elder Navarro.  It was just one verse of "I Stand All Amazed."  I thought I was going to die.  I was so nervous.  My heart was pounding so hard I thought I would explode.  But it went alright.  I survived, haha!  Music is one of the strongest ways that I feel the Spirit.  Singing about the Savior, and listening to the other songs, really testified to me just how true our message is:  that our Savior lives and that He loves us.  It was a wonderful experience, one that I will never forget.

I am so happy to be serving in this wonderful place alongside with such wonderful people.  I love the Philippines Cauayan Mission! I am very excited for my new area.  Adventure awaits!  

all my love, 
xo Sister Anna Ray Allen





No comments:

Post a Comment