Tuesday, October 6, 2015







September 30, 2015

19 hours left!

I got everything all packed and ready!  I've been packed since Monday. I was so excited that I couldn't sleep last night.  We have some packing, cleaning, and laundry time today.  It probably will be the last time I wash my clothes with a washing machine! 


After we get to Manila MTC, we stay there until next Wednesday.  While we're there, we'll have culture classes, go to the Manila temple, and go on splits with missionaries in Manila.  This is what I'll be eating: for breakfast, rice with cut-up hot dogs or eggs; for lunch, rice with chicken; and for dinner, rice with meat.  LOTS of rice.  I'm starting to think this "rice-belly" thing is going to happen....I don't want it to!  This is going to be a crazy few days....but I am so excited!  Also, we don't fly back to Hong Kong again.  They just put that on our tickets so that the Philippines airport lets us in as "tourist travelers" because they will think we are leaving the country again.  Sneaky!  So we don't go back to Hong Kong on November 1st.  That just gets us into the country.


Last night we had a wonderful devotional by Brother Claudio Costa of the Seventy.  He is from Brazil.  It made me think of you and Grandpa Roger!  He shared a great message on how missionaries are heroes.  It was very touching.  He is a convert to the church, and he was taught and converted by sister missionaries when he was about 20 years old.  "Everything I have," he said "I owe to the missionaries."  He had a really beautiful analogy of missionary work too that I loved:  you can count the number of seeds in an apple, but you can't count the amount of apples in one seed.  The seeds in the apple are like the seeds of conversion that we plant as missionaries, and we can count the number of people we convert, but it is impossible for us to know the long-term effects our converts and how many other people they will bring to the church themselves.  We won't know the amazing effect we have until we die, and get to see all of those that we brought to the church.  One seed can bring so many people happiness!  It was a beautiful talk.  I wanted to go up and talk to him after, but there were guards, and he left before I got a chance.


Mahal ko kayo! 


October 2, 2015I have made it to Manila!  We are required to email you that we are safely here today, but we only have a few minutes, and I don't know when I will get to email again this week .... probably not until next Monday when I am to the field!  We got to the MTC at about 1:00am, Manila time.  It was a good trip, and there were no issues.  Phew! I slept a lot on the plane, and I was still able to sleep last night here in Manila because I was so tired.  It is 11:00 am here right now.MAHAL KO KAYO!  I will be traveling to Cauayan on Wednesday. 
xo Sister Allen




                           
Sister Stokes, Sister Allen, Elder Flandro and Elder Redd   

No comments:

Post a Comment